Automotive engineers are now using versatile adhesives to powerfully bond materials such as steel, aluminum, and plastics. The benefits have been improved safety, reduced weight, greater vehicle stiffness, and lower manufacturing costs.
Adhesive tape and sealants are found in a variety of auto manufacturing processes including:
- Front- and rear-end modules (for precise masking of bumpers)
- Door panels and seating systems
- Attaching parts to fuel tanks
- Sealing and mounting windshields
- Numerous powertrain applications (like bonding magnets to rotors in electric cars)